BERITA KEGIATAN IMSO 2014
Dinas Pendidikan Provinsi Jawa Timur Bidang TK/SD/PK, Kamis 27 Pebruari 2014 menyelenggarakan seleksi awal peserta International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO) 2014.
Seleksi IMSO 2014 berlangsung di Gedung Sabha Nugraha Dinas Pendidikan Provinsi Jawa Timur Jl. Gentengkali 33 Surabaya, diikuti 33 siswa Sekolah Dasar kelas 4 dan kelas 5 berasal dari Surabaya, Kota Malang Sidoarjo, Kota Madiun, Gresik, Pamekasan, Jember, Lamongan, Kota Blitar dan Sumenep.
Syllabus IMSO :
- Arithmetic: integers, rational numbers and their representations (fraction, decimal, and percentage), factoring numbers, greatest common divisor, least common multiples, number ordering, and ratio and proportion.
- Geometry: angle and its measure, area and perimeter, triangle, quadrangle, parallelogram, trapezoid, circles, cube, parallelepiped nets, symmetry, reflection and rotation, and similarity and proportion.
- Data and measurement: data representation, mean (average), median, and modus.
- Science skill and methodology, general health (nutrition, common disease and how to prevent it).
- General environmental issue (deforestation, managing natural resources, pollution, water and carbon cycle, etc).
- Basic ecology (habitat, interaction, food chain and food web, population, ecosystem, life cycle etc).
- Physiology (photosynthesis and respiration).
- Current technology development such as (GMO, biotech, biofuel, satellite, etc).
- Human anatomy and function (skeleton and movement, olfactory system, auditory system, mouth, eyes, circulatory, digestive system, skin, respiratory system) and its disease and problems.
- Classifying organism based on their food, anatomy, systematics, reproduction system and its habitat.
- Very common or endangered species names.
- Mechanics (motion of objects, static fluid, and gas)
- Solar system (member of solar system, rotation of earth and moon, earth and moon eclipses)
- The earth planet (structure, surface, process of earth formation, water cycle, renewable resources, climate, seasons, gravitation, wind)
- Electric and magnetic (application, models)
- Matter (properties, phase transformation (solid/liquid/gas), physical, chemical, and biological transformation)
- Thermal properties (temperature, thermometer, energy, conduction, convection, radiation)
- Light (property, vision, color)
- Force (change shape of material, magnetic, gravitation, frictional forces)
- Energy and energy change (kinetic, potential, heat, sound, renewable, energy conversion)